Research. Service. Leadership.
Student Engagement seeks to enrich the quality of the UCR undergraduate academic experience through academic support, health professional advising, and high-impact experiential programs. As a unit of Undergraduate Education, Student Engagement's role is to innovate and scale programs focused on leadership, fellowships and national awards, undergraduate research, academic support services, first-generation initiatives, service and engaged learning, capital internships, and other strategic initiatives for the benefit of student experiences.
100% Student Engagement
- Increase the percentage of UCR students participating in Undergraduate Education supported high-impact programs and co-curricular programs including:
- Undergraduate research (research experiences, symposium, mini-grants, journal)
- National and prestigious scholarship applications and selections
- Capital internships (UCDC and UC Sacramento)
- Community engagement and service-learning
- Health Professions Advising Center
- Increase the number of students, faculty, departments, community partners, and colleges engaged in high-impact programs and services
- Increase student success in historically challenging courses (high D, F, W courses)
- Increase utilization of academic support services to help improve campus retention and graduation rates
- Increase student self-confidence and motivation
- Increase the number and percentage of underrepresented students participating in high-impact programs