Attention UCR Faculty, Staff and Student Orgs: Would you like us present to your class or student program about Engaged Learning opportunities? Click here to fill out the classroom visit request form
Distinguish Yourself with Engaged Learning programs!
Engaged Learning coordinates programs for undergraduate students that connect academics and community experiences. Our high-impact programs include:
- Opportunities Portal
- Research Symposium
- Undergraduate Research Journal
- Chancellor's Research Fellows
Community-Engagement and Service-Learning
Capital Academic Internship Program
Prestigious Scholarships & Awards
Campus Collective Peer Mentoring
High-Impact Educational Practices (HIPs) can have a transformative change in personal development, educational growth, and increased marketability. Some HIPs activities and characteristics of high-quality HIPs include:
- Apply classroom knowledge to an Internship or Research opportunity
- Experience collaborative Research Projects
- Culmination experience demonstrating competence in a project or class (Capstone or Research Symposium)
- Experience in Field-Based Research or Projects within a diverse community
- Service-Learning project with a community organization
- Participation in off-campus Research, Academic Internship, or Study Abroad Opportunities
Students involved in High-Impact Educational Practices**:
- Make better connections with faculty
- Increase interpersonal skills
- Develop leadership abilities
- Have higher GPAs
- Are more likely to graduate on time
- Are happier with their education
- Increased critical thinking and writing skills
- Greater appreciation for diversity
- Are better prepared for the workforce or grad school
**Benefits have been found to be greater for First-Generation and under-served students.
UCR 2023 Campus Collective mentee is honored with a Mentor Collective scholarship!
New Undergraduate Education dean takes helm of restructured team
Funding for Professional Internships
Are you an incoming freshman or transfer student? Get a Mentor!
Find ways to get engaged on campus (research, internships, etc.)
Learn how to best manage your time
Maximize your college experience so you develop both academically and socially
Upcoming Student Engagement Events
For the full listing of all upcoming information sessions, visit our Events Calendar.