The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Symposium provides the opportunity for undergraduates across the disciplines to share their research and creative activities with the UCR community. Students may present their work in a variety of ways, such as oral presentations, poster sessions, art exhibits, performances, and electronic media.
This year's symposium presentations will be hosted in a hybrid model, Completed & Emerging Research presentations will be presented live via Zoom, and Poster Presentations will be hosted in person at UCR's Bell tower. Please see the schedule for a listing of all student presentations and virtual session Zoom links.
The Symposium will host presentations from students across all Colleges:
- Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Business
- School of Medicine
- School of Public Policy
You can view the schedules for all 3 days of presentations on the Student Schedule page.
Upcoming Events - Undergraduate Research Symposium Co-Presentations
Learn how to get involved and how to use your research to further your goals!
The Office of Student Engagement would like to thank all of the students and faculty mentors for their hard work on their research and presentations while under the impacts of the pandemic.
Additionally, we would like to thank the following members of the Research Symposium Advisory Committee:
- Dr. Philip Brisk - Computer Science & Engineering
- Lisa Des Jardins - Student Engagement
- Dr. Tom Dickson - Student Engagement
- Dr. Jennifer Kavetsky - Student Engagement
- Israel Fletes - XCITE Center
- Dr. Erica Heinrich - Biomedical Sciences
- Gladis Herrera-Berkowitz - Student Engagement
- Dr. Tim Labor - Media and Cultural Studies
- Dr. Bella Merlin - Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
- Dr. Georg Michaels - History
- Dr. Tanya Nieri - Sociology
- Dr. Seán O'Leary - Biochemistry
- Dr. Annika Speer - Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
- Sohail Wasif - XCITE Center
Video of Support for presenters from Chancellor Wilcox